SBS

Hey, I know you know a few silly buggers. Describe them and what they do right here.

Friday, May 1, 2015

Spam and Saltines


Not that I want SPAM comments on my blogs but in light of the extremely low number of comments they get, I was even more distressed by the fact that all of the various blogs together have ZERO spammed comments.

When I was in my teens and twenties, I did a lot of white water rafting on such rivers as the Cheat and Youghiogheny. After a long morning stretch  on a cold water river, lunch was a welcome thing. Shivering from near hypothermic exposure, one of the favorite meals was Spam and Saltines followed down by a Royal Crowd Cola. At that time of my life a salty fatty sugary meal that was quick to prepare and even faster to eat was an ideal. The saltines were the only item that required protection from the river water. Calories were first and foremost the order of the day.

I miss those days, but not the salty fatty sugary food. Well two out of three is not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment